To prevent errors and problems when processing files, ZePrA checks configurations and hot folders as well as settings and licenses.
If errors or problems are detected, an error message appears in the lower left of the ZePrA window.
If you click on this message, the error is displayed. If several errors are detected, a list of all errors is displayed.
Another click on the corresponding message opens the Troubleshooting dialog, which lists possible solutions to the problem found, which can then be applied to resolve the error.
Causes of errors
Errors can occur, for example, if certain profiles (or spot color libraries) are used in a configuration without embedding them in the configuration, and this configuration is then transferred to a computer on which these profiles (or spot color libraries) are not available. It is then not possible to process files with this configuration.
But certain combinations in the settings can also cause problems.
ZePrA therefore checks:
- Hotfolder (all required folders must be available)
- Profiles (all required profiles must be available on the computer)
- Gradation curves (all required gradation curves must be available on the computer)
- Licenses (all required licenses must be available on the computer, depending on the job this can be SmartLink, Multicolor, spot color or SaveInk licenses)
- Spot color libraries (all required spot color libraries must be available on the computer)
In the Troubleshooting dialog, the identified problem is described and options for solving the problem are suggested.
Some problems can occur in multiple configurations and can be solved immediately for all affected configurations, for example, when using the Perceptual Rendering intent in combination with SmartLink.
Click on the message to open the Troubleshooting dialog. Here, by selecting the Solve the issue automatically checkbox, you can switch all affected configurations to Standard Compression without having to change each configuration individually.