- Common measurement data issues:
- Illogical measured data of lighter or darker gradation values based on adjacent colors.
- Illogical data due to variations in the printing process or contaminated color patches (from the mechanics of the device) when measuring.
- Instead of a red color value, there is a green patch.
- Correct bad measurements fixes the above mentioned common issues. This option should always be active when using the tool.
- Protects Lights allows selection to which percentage value the correction shall be performed. Values below this value are protected. The slider values range from 0% to 50%.
Features for flexographic printing: The flexographic print processes often exhibits a bump curve in the highlighted area. These types of curves can be retained by using Protect Lights. In some flexo data cases it may not be necessary.
- Optimize overprints improves patches with overprinting darker colors such as tertiary colors. A subtractive color model is used for the optimization. In other words, the model assumes that adding colors leads to a darker color appearance. Some printing processes like electrophotographic and inkjet printers do not necessarily behave like this. In such cases, it is not recommended to use this option. We would recommend disabling this option unless you desire data that perfectly behaves subtractive.
Note: The Auto tool uses only the Correct bad measurements option.