Welcome to CoPrA’s Online Help
CoPrA produces high-quality profiles with just a few clicks using simple easy to use tools. CoPrA can create printer, DeviceLink and SaveInk profiles with Multicolor options for typical day-to-day color management challenges.
10.7.5 or later – (Intel only)
Windows® 10, Home, Pro or Enterprise
Windows® 8, Home, Pro or Enterprise
Windows® 7, Home (Basic or Premium), Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise
Windows® XP SP3, Home or Enterprise
Windows® Server 2016
Windows® Server 2012
Windows® Server 2012 R2
Windows® Server 2008
Windows® Server 2008 R2
Windows® Server 2003, Standard, Enterprise or Datacenter
- Minimum – Dual-Core Processor (Quad Core or more recommended)
- Minimum – 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Minimum – 1024 × 768 resolution (1280 x 1024 or higher recommended)
- macOS – CoPrA, ColorAnt and ZePrA run in 64 Bit mode. The Measure Tool runs in 32 Bit mode
- Windows – ZePrA runs in 64 Bit mode. CoPrA, ColorAnt and Measure Tool runs in 32 Bit mode
After accepting the Software License Agreement, select the installation folder and decide whether to install ColorAnt as well.
ColorAnt: The integration of ColorAnt (or ColorAnt’s Measure Tool with CoPrA Basic) offers the option to measure test charts for profile creation directly from within CoPrA.
- CoPrA software
- Additional software: Profile Manager (integrated into CoPrA) and ColorAnt (CoPrA M to XXL) or ColorAnt’s Measure Tool (CoPrA Basic) for measuring test charts
- ColorAnt M is included in CoPrA M to XL.
- CoPrA XXL includes ColorAnt L
- CoPrA Basic includes ColorAnt’s Measure Tool.
- USB stick (dongle) or computer based license
- Editable test charts to use with the DeviceLink tool Editing (in the folder EditTargets after installation)
- Test charts and reference files including Multicolor charts for creating printer profiles (in the folder Testcharts after installation)
- Printed Quick Start Guide
- Access to Online Help
The folder EditTargets can be found under:
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\CoPrA5\EditTargets
The folders Testcharts can be found under:
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\CoPrA5\Testcharts
These folders can also be accessed by using the entries Open EditTargets folder and Open Testchart folder in the menu Tools.
The context sensitive Online Help opens up in a web browser after clicking the question mark icon of the respective program window, the F1 key or using the Help menu entry Online Help. An active internet connection is required.
Demo License Request
ColorLogic offers 14-day trial licenses for the applications CoPrA, ZePrA and ColorAnt allowing the user to evaluate the software features and performance.
Notes: All profiles created with a demo license in CoPrA can only be used correctly in ColorLogic applications. All files converted with a demo license in ZePrA are watermark protected.
Requesting a Demo License:
- Click on Registration in the lower left corner of the sidebar.
- Click on the tab Demo license request.
- Enter all required information.
- After selecting the country, the software shows a list of available dealers in that region. Select a dealer and click on Send direct request. The relevant demo license will be send to the specified email address within a few minutes.
- Save the license file (*.lic) contained in the email on the computer being used.
- Load the license file in the tab License details under Registration to activate the respective application.
The expiration date of demo licenses is shown under License Details right after activation.
A computer-based license is always tied to the computer on which the software (CoPrA, ZePrA or ColorAnt) is installed. This is useful, for example, for temporary test purposes. Computer-based licenses are also required if the computer lacks an USB port or space for an USB dongle, i.e. a rack server.
USB dongle licenses operate with a special USB stick. The USB dongle communicates with the appropriate software license and enables the software to be used on different computers. To be able to assign the license to the USB dongle, the dongle must be connected before starting the software.
The expiry date for time limited versions of the software (for example, NFR or demo licenses) is shown at the bottom right of the software window. No expiry date is displayed for full versions.
In the tab License details, find the license holder, the expiry date and a list of the Available Features showing the activated modules and add-ons.
Complete instructions on how to download and install ColorLogic applications and how to request and activate a demo license can be found here.
Automatic Update Check
The automatic update check ensures that CoPrA is always up to date. Auto update checks the version number when the software is launched. A manual update check can be carried out at any time by selecting the entry Check for update in the Help menu.
Automatic updates can be enabled or disabled using the checkbox Enable automatic update check. We recommend turning off Check for update if no internet connection is present.
If there is a newer software version, download it via the link displayed in the window and install it. If there is a major upgrade available there will be information on how to purchase it. These can be downloaded as well, but require a new license key.
Quick Start Guide
The Quick Start Guide is an overview of CoPrA and contains all relevant information for installation, licensing and setting up workflows. More detailed information can be found by clicking on any of the sections below.
CoPrA’s profiling functionality is dependent on which base package and modules are purchased (all modules and options are available with a demo license). Depending on the package and modules purchased, CoPrA will profile the following color spaces: Gray, RGB, CMY, CMYK or Multicolor.